If you will be traveling into the United States on a visa, please note the following:
You may enter the U.S. on different types of visas. For details that may apply specifically to your country, see information posted by your nearest consulate or embassy which can be found at this website: http://usembassy.state.gov/
While individual countries may differ slightly, here are the basic steps for obtaining a visa.
- Decide on the type of visa you need. If you are in one of the 36 nations that participate in the Visa Waiver Program, you will be allowed to enter the U.S. without applying for a visa. For a link to a website for the Visa Information, click here.
- All travelers on a waiver MUST have a machine-readable passport.
- If you plan to travel on any other type of visa, find out all the information pertaining to the requirements for that visa. You can look on the website mentioned above in the first paragraph, or contact the Embassy/Consulate in your country.
- Most visas require a personal interview. Make an appointment. The website on your Embassy can give you an average appointment wait time, the number to call for an appointment, and exactly what they require in documentation.
- Prepare all the documentation for the interview. If you need an invitation letter from us which states the purpose of your travel, please request one as early as possible.This can be requested via email to "wrfhelp at ucar dot edu”. Keep in mind, an invitation letter cannot be issued until you have been accepted into the WRF Tutorial. Please provide the following information to us:
- Your full name exactly as it's shown on your passport
- Your home address
- A phone number
- We will e-mail you a PDF version of the invitation letter
Understand that sometimes additional reviews of your application may be required. This process will take time and it is your responsibility. We do not have contact with Embassies, but if you need more information please contact us at "wrfhelp at ucar dot edu".