Joint WRF and MPAS Workshop
9:00 am – 12:15 pm MDT
The Mesoscale and Microscale Meteorology (MMM) Laboratory of the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) will be hosting a virtual WRF/MPAS Users' Workshop on 6-9, June 2022. We are inviting you to submit abstracts for this workshop. Due to the nature of the virtual workshop, the workshop will be shorter overall than the typical one we conducted in pre-pandemic times. Hence we will focus the subjects of interest for this workshop to be:
- MPAS/WRF model development updates.
- MPAS/WRF applications in the private sector.
- MPAS/WRF applications in global and regional climate predictions.
- MPAS/WRF applications in air pollution / fire predictions, and
- MPAS/WRF model comparisons.
We plan to have only oral presentations, and the session schedules will determine how many qualified submissions we can accommodate. In addition, two informational sessions will be offered on Monday and these are MPAS and NCAR GeoCAT/Raijin Project. The times of the workshop from Tuesday to Thursday will be determined at a later time. Note all times will be US Mountain Daylight Saving Time or UTC-6.